[Kroupware] Another name for "Kroupware"

Bernhard Reiter kroupware@mail.kde.org
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 16:46:19 +0200

--rS8CxjVDS/+yyDmU

On Mon, Sep 23, 2002 at 11:29:10PM +0200, Andreas Pietzowski wrote:
> I just read on=20
> http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kroupware/2002-September/000019.html that y=
ou=20
> are open for name-suggestions on "Kroupware" (because in my opinion=20
> "Kroupware" is a bad name, too).

Note that we do not look for a different name of Kroupware,
because this is the name of the project. It will stay, but the
project will be finished quite soon.

What we have not decided upon is a name for the client.
There are actually two questions:
	Do we really want a new name for the client?

	KDE Kolab client we are developing will be based on KMail
	and KOrganizer, already known labels.
	Furthermore there might be longer plans within the KDE-PIM
	initiative to reshuffle the functionality later.
	Maybe someone taking a lead role in KDE-PIM should comment
	on the long term plans.

	If we want a new name, what will it label accurately?
	The KDE client consisting of several components, which
	habe names like KMail or KOrganizer?
	All Kolab clients?=20
	Will it replace KOrganizer?

We did not care to answer this questions without consultation=20
of the involved KDE developers. If we have answer to them we can
search for a name.

--rS8CxjVDS/+yyDmU

--rS8CxjVDS/+yyDmU--