[Kroupware] php hacking?

Lutz Badenheuer kroupware@mail.kde.org
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 09:59:38 +0200

Hello Andreas,

Am Dienstag, 24. September 2002 00:37 schrieb Andreas Jellinghaus:
> however i'd like to welcome you to contribute to my perl effords.
> do you want me to send you an update, once i have some
> functionality working?

Yes, I'd appreciate that.

> But the environment as combination of language and tools/strategies
> used matters a lot for secondary functions, like providing an easy
> way to integrate functionality with design, providing stuff like
> sessions, templates, error handling, debug-abilities and so on.
>
> in the end the questiosn seems not for me to be perl versus php,
> but rather phplib versus some php4 bases session/template
> mechanism, versus embperl, eperl and lots of other perl bases html
> stuff.

May I mention Text::Template for the template stuff? I've tried ePerl
and embperl, both of which were really nice, but didn't completely
fit my needs -- so I tried Text::Template. My experience was near to
perfect, and building templates is as easy as writing PHP code... it
is even possible to use '<?' and '?>' as delimiters. :-)

> I'd be happy to send you my working examples, and get
> some nice working well looking stuff back. Or join you in
> whatever language/toolkit you prefer to get there.

Please feel free to mail those to me, I'd be glad to look at your
code and try to improve it. Perhaps you might say something about
your server's setup, so I can configure a similar devel machine at
this time to see it working under normal conditions. :-)

With my best wishes,
Lutz

--
Lutz Badenheuer     | IT--Consulting, Development, Networksolutions
luke@the-web-ac.com | C/C++, OO-Perl, sh | Linux, SCO UNIX, Solaris