[Kroupware] MAPI and bynari connector

Karl-Heinz Zimmer kroupware@mail.kde.org
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 22:49:55 +0100

--Boundary-02=_KQFw9WySPNK7VeF

On Wednesday 30 October 2002 22:15, Andreas Jellinghaus wrote:
(...)
> I agree with you: writing an open source mapi implementation
> would be great.

So please have a look at our sources, especially the very useful
program ktnef that was provided by Michael Goffioul...

> but so far nobody knows windows well enough or wants to write
> such a mapi implementation.

The TNEF format is documented.

The proprietary MAPI properties used to store Outlook data are
not documented.

> feel free to volunteer! :-)

Help is of course appreciated!  :-)

Karl-Heinz
=2D-=20
Karl-Heinz Zimmer, Senior Software Engineer, Klar=E4lvdalens Datakonsult AB
<mailto:khz@klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se>            <mailto:khz@kde.org>
  For every complex problem there is an
  answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.   H. L. Mencken, 1880 - 1956