[Kroupware] Kroupware schedule and complement

Martin Konold kroupware@mail.kde.org
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 19:50:39 +0100

On Wednesday 30 October 2002 03:26 pm, Helge Hess wrote:

Hi Helge,

> This does not conflict. Nothing speaks against addressing individual
> calendar items using http://.../mycal/62738.ics or something like this.
> HTTP URLs do not need to map to a physical file, a collection-resource
> like /mycal/ can easily be a database table which returns a full ics on
> GET and a partial ics if if a key is specified.

Yes, this can be nicely done with the help of mod_rewrite but then the=20
solution does not scale extremly well anymore due to the simple fact (I k=
now=20
what I am talking about) that a sql database does not scale as good as mo=
st=20
people believe.

> Oh, oh, oh ;-) HTTP/1.1 isn't *that* simple if you implement the
> features which make it scalable (like persistent connections, e-tag
> based caching, etc).

But I also get the same features with imap4 already!

> certainly suiteable, I just wondered why it was choosen above HTTP whic=
> already provides much better scalability infrastructure than IMAP4 (not
> implying that none exists for IMAP ;-).

This claim is imho wrong!

Regards,
--martin
Germanenstrasse 15, 70563 Stuttgart, Germany
email: martin.konold@erfrakon.de