[Kroupware] Kroupware schedule and complement

Martin Konold kroupware@mail.kde.org
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 23:22:17 +0100

On Tuesday 29 October 2002 10:22 pm, Helge Hess wrote:

Hi Helge,

> mechanism. It basically uses HTTP GET and PUT to retrieve and publish
> calendars using the iCalendar format.

> > Kolab heavily uses imap, this is why it will scale so well.
>
> Mozilla Calendar uses HTTP, this is why it does scale so well.

You definetly have a very valid point!

HTTP is scaling very well and is suitable to the task. The feature which =
makes=20
imap4 better scalable for groupware is that we do not want to retrieve al=
ways=20
the full calendar but we want to be a little bit more smart like scanning=
=20
headers only and beeing fully offline capable.

compared to imap4 http is extremly simple and therefor we would need to u=
se a=20
server side protocoll on top of http in order to gain the features we wan=
t.

Regards,
--martin

Germanenstrasse 15, 70563 Stuttgart, Germany
email: martin.konold@erfrakon.de