[Kroupware] Kroupware schedule and complement

Helge Hess kroupware@mail.kde.org
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 22:22:30 +0100

On 2002-10-26 20:43 Uhr, "Bernhard Reiter" <bernhard@intevation.de> wrote:
>> I would also like to have an idea about the workload and possibility to add
>> the possibility to integrate the coming Mozilla calendar tool into Kollab
>> (.. that I may even find some money for :-)
>
> I don't know enough about the calender project of mozilla.
> The website does not easily show me how its architecture works.
> http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/

Mozilla Calendar has a pretty simple, non-multiuser, calendar sharing
mechanism. It basically uses HTTP GET and PUT to retrieve and publish
calendars using the iCalendar format.
BTW: Apple iCal does work almost exactly the same like Mozilla.

> Kolab heavily uses imap, this is why it will scale so well.

Mozilla Calendar uses HTTP, this is why it does scale so well.

I still don't understand why Kolab uses IMAP4 (except the availability of
the Bynari Plugin, probably the real reason), HTTP would have been the
obvious selection, IMHO of course ;-).

Greetings
  Helge