[Kroupware] scope of the project

Bo Thorsen kroupware@mail.kde.org
Sun, 27 Oct 2002 16:51:13 +0100

On Sunday 27 October 2002 15:38, Lukas Smith wrote:
> [...]

You can find documentation about the server setup in the docs at=20
www.kroupware.org. Documentation about the client doesn't really exist ye=
t,=20
so I guess you have to look at the kmail/korganizer/kaddressbook sources.=
 It=20
shouldn't be too difficult since all components use standard iCalendar=20
implementations.

> Also could you give a rough estimate how hard/time consuming something
> like this would be?

That depends greatly on how much you already have. If you have none of th=
e=20
components, you have a *very* big job ahead of you. If you already have a=
=20
calendar that uses iCalendar (or vCal), notes, mail (IMAP) and addressboo=
k=20
(vCard), it shouldn't be difficult to start setting up the stuff. We are =
not=20
using any exotic technologies in this project but are "simply" putting th=
e=20
pieces together.

Bo.

--=20

     Klar=E4lvdalens Datakonsult  |   Denmark