[Kroupware] Kaddressbook coupled to IMAP

Tobias Koenig kroupware@mail.kde.org
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 16:20:04 +0200

On Wed, Oct 16, 2002 at 02:08:45PM +0200, Bo Thorsen wrote:
> On Wednesday 16 October 2002 13:43, Miles Lott wrote:
Hi Bo,

> > 2. If ldap is still in the picture, have you completed schema for this?
> >
> > Either way, please point me to specific documentation of this.  I would
> > like to be compatible with the schema once GroupWhere is truly
> > functional.
>
> kroupware fetches it's global addressbook over ldap. But the KDE ldap io
> slave is read only, so you can't have your personal addressbook on an ldap
> server.
That's not right. You can already read/write your contacts from a LDAP server
with KAddressBook from CVS HEAD. But you can only read/write the
cn,display-name,givenname,mail,mailalias,phoneNumber,sn,uid entities.

> I'm sure noone would mind if you start hacking on write mode in the ldap
> slave though :-)
I fear LDAP is to specific to create a really well working _general_ IO slave
for it.

Ciao,
Tobias
--