[Kroupware] Re: kroupware_branch: kdepim/korganizer

Steffen Hansen kroupware@mail.kde.org
Mon, 14 Oct 2002 22:34:54 +0200

* Michael Brade <brade@kde.org> [Oct 14. 2002 00:55]:
> On Saturday 12 October 2002 03:21, Steffen Hansen wrote:
> > >   - from the kroupware document I conclude that you'll do the saving
> > > already, so I better stop this to avoid code duplication. But how are you
> > > going to save the notes, are you writing the code yourself or are you
> > > going to use a lib? Which one?
> >
> > The color of the sticky note and it's geometry are saved into custom headers
> Hm, I quite like this idea as well. This could save us the second, external
> file...
>
> [...]
> Seems that was done already :-)

Yes :) But we'll have to keep my hack to be able to deliver something
tomorrow.

For the future, I like the idea of createing notes as sub-items of a
special vTodo or vJournal that dont show up the regular todo and journal
views.

> > I didn't want to waste time on reimplementing the yellow note
> > widget, so I stole the one from KNotes to get something working quickly.
> I see, so I misunderstood it. Ok then. If I can/am allowed to merge this and
> KNotes at some time in the future in case your [kroupware team] time is not
> enough I'd be really happy :)
>
> > >   - Oh, what are the big plans for KNotes in Kroupware anyways? ;-)
> >
> > No really big plans. Just a way of getting small sticky notes that can
> > be stored in an IMAP folder. Just something simple like what you get in
> > Outlook.
> Hehe, don't know Outlook, so I have no idea about your plans. I guess I have
> to look at this piece of c... as well ;-))

In Outlook a note is basically what KNotes has always done + the ability
to sync them with the server.

wkr.
--
Steffen Hansen

Senior Software Engineer, Klarälvdalens Datakonsult AB

email: hansen@kde.org, steffen@klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se,
       steffen@hrhansen.dk
www:   http://www.hrhansen.dk