[Kroupware] Re: kroupware_branch: kdepim/korganizer

Cornelius Schumacher kroupware@mail.kde.org
Sat, 12 Oct 2002 19:28:26 +0200

On Saturday 12 October 2002 03:21, Steffen Hansen wrote:

> Right now I just save a note as a simple plain text email. The color
> of the sticky note and it's geometry are saved into custom headers

You can save a note as Journal entry.

Color and geometry don't belong to the storage of the note data. They
are a property of the view not the document.

You could realise colors by assigning a category to the note and let the
user associate colors with categories. That's the way KOrganizer does
it.

The geometry could be saved in an extra file managed by the client.
KOrganizer has a DocPrefs class for this.

> >   - I don't like the fork of KNotes too much... why aren't you
> > using the dcop interface and hack knotes itself? Is it impossible?
>
> KNotes stores notes by itself (in files somewhere under ~/.kde/). We
> need to store the notes in a mail folder owned by KMail, so just
> using KNotes didn't work.

The right way would be to extend KNotes to be able to store its data at
other places, preferably using a backend shared with KOrganizer and
other apps using the same way of storing data.

> Can notes have alarms? I thought that was only for appointments and
> todos.

A note with an alarm could be saved as a todo.