[Kroupware] Re: kroupware_branch: kdepim/korganizer

Steffen Hansen kroupware@mail.kde.org
Sat, 12 Oct 2002 03:09:53 +0200

* Martin Konold <martin.konold@erfrakon.de> [Oct 11. 2002 21:02]:
> On Friday 11 October 2002 01:41 pm, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> > I think you could use iCalendar VJOURNAL entries for notes.
>
> > >   - Are you going to implement alarms? If not, this comes next on my
> > > TODO.
> >
> > If you use libkcal to store the notes the basic infrastructure for alarms
> > is already done and you only have to add some GUI stuff for displaying the
>
> I very much second Cornelius! Please simply use vcal stuff whenever possible.
> Actually, calendar, todos, notes etc. all map nicly to vcal.

Actually notes dont map to vCal at all. Or did I miss something in the
spec?

_If_ we can fit notes into the vCal framework, things will be much easier
for me -- all the interfaces are already there.

wkr.
--
Steffen Hansen

Senior Software Engineer, Klarälvdalens Datakonsult AB

email: hansen@kde.org, steffen@klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se,
       steffen@hrhansen.dk
www:   http://www.hrhansen.dk