[Kroupware] Web interface frontend

Martin Konold kroupware@mail.kde.org
Fri, 4 Oct 2002 15:01:47 +0200

On Friday 04 October 2002 07:08 am, Andreas Jellinghaus wrote:

Hi,

> > Just think about the general advantage of using multiple tier
> > architectures.
>
> i don't see the advantage with ldap servers. but i see it with imap
> servers: have a loadbalancer or round robin dns, a general purpose
> proxy tier, and a second tier with the true storage server. a few
> simple machines extra and a high speed network in the middle is
> not much, and experience told me the load splitting works well.

You do not seem to understand.
Multiple tier architecture here means:
Tier 1: GUI or command line frontend
Tier 2: backend on the server
Tier 3: database in ldap

Basically the potentialy mutliple frontend implementations manipulate dat=
a in=20
the db aka ldap and then the backend is triggered to create the final con=
fig=20
file, imapd accounts etc.

Regards,
--martin

Germanenstrasse 15, 70563 Stuttgart, Germany
email: martin.konold@erfrakon.de