[Kroupware] kroupware - kde 3.2 ??

Martin Konold kroupware@mail.kde.org
Tue, 5 Nov 2002 07:47:22 +0100

On Tuesday 05 November 2002 01:23 am, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:

Hi Cornelius,
Hi Kalle,
=09
> On Monday 04 November 2002 18:35, konold@erfrakon.de wrote:
> > On Mon, 4 Nov 2002, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> > > This includes the willingness to invest the time and work to bring
> > > the branch in a shape that fits into HEAD.
> >
> > Yes, if you look at the rather small kroupware branch you will notice
> > that especially steffen, kalle and marc invested a lot of effort in
> > making future merkging with HEAD as easy as possible. Of course if

> After two months of ferocious hacking the branch is not that small ;-)
> Unfortunately some rather fundamental architectural decisions were
> taken in a way that doesn't fit very well into HEAD.

> > It is definelty clear that we intend to integrate/merge kroupware
> > with KDE head as soon as possible. It is my understanding that this
> > is done best after KDE 3.1 got released.
>
> We should take the time to do this properly. As KDE 3.2 currently is fa=
> away there is no need to hurry. But I agree that we should start at
> least with discussing how to do the merge as soon as possible.

I agree with you that we should start very soon. On the other hand I am n=
ot so=20
keen on discussing to many fundamental architecture/design decissions bec=
ause=20
imho it is very important to get a generally usable kolab client very soo=
n.

Due to the fact that Kalle et al. tried to seperate kroupware stuff from=20
general KM/KO stuff wherever reasonable the merge should be rather straig=
ht=20
forward.=20

On the other hand as soon as we got a successful merge and the kolab clie=
nt=20
builts nicely I am open for discussions how to improve future=20
maintainability. The later is very important for the mid- and longterm=20
success.

Kalle: Can you please comment on your intentions with regards to merging?

BTW: We still need a name for the client. Someone proposed koala which I=20
personally like pretty much. What do you think?

Yours,
--martin

--=20
Germanenstrasse 15, 70563 Stuttgart, Germany
email: martin.konold@erfrakon.de