[Kroupware] Re: Kolab-Client Installation problems

Marc Mutz kroupware@mail.kde.org
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 21:56:10 +0100

--Boundary-02=_rfP+9+c1ed3PrJO

On Thursday 12 December 2002 16:34, Stefan Knorr wrote:
<snip>
> It seems that after branching KDE 3.1 from HEAD the merge of the
> kolab-client changes to KDE HEAD has already started.

Yes, the Groupware-independent parts of the Kolab client have mostly
been merged into mainline KDE already. I would advise aginst using the
HEAD version of KMail though, since kroupware isn't the only branch
that is currently being merged into HEAD ;-)

> My question is, where can I get a somehow working version of the
> Kolab-client stuff

Use an anoncvs mirror (www.kde.org/anoncvs.html) and get the
kroupware_branch, as described on
kroupware.kde.org/howto-kolab-client.html.

> and which version of KDE is necessary to compile
> and run it.

KDE_3_1_BRANCH. RC5 should be fine.

> I tried the RC5 of KDE 3.1, but no success.

Compile error?

> I thought,
> the requirements for the client were KDE3.1. Is this changing now to
> KDE 3.2 / HEAD?
<snip>

No. The merged stuff will quite likely require HEAD soon, if not
already, but kroupware_branch is designed to be used together with the
3.1.x branch of KDE.

Marc

--
The intensity and complexity of life, attendant upon advancing
civilization, have rendered necessary some retreat from the world, and

--Boundary-02=_rfP+9+c1ed3PrJO

--Boundary-02=_rfP+9+c1ed3PrJO--