[Kroupware] Kolab Installation feedback

Bernhard Reiter kroupware@mail.kde.org
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 19:54:10 +0100

--hdW7zL/qDS6RXdAL

--08ATZu8fEq0x2T3M

More feedback, forwared with permission.

--08ATZu8fEq0x2T3M

Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 16:52:22 -0800
From: ralph escherich <esche@mobilesmartsinc.com>
To: Bernhard Reiter <bernhard@intevation.de>
Subject: Re: Kolab 0.3 installation

--------------010909050209020007070307

Hi Bernhard,

I tried to day a little more around with your current kolab
distribution. And here are a couple of
observations:

1. the apache server specifies ssl encryption to access the admin
directory. This does not
    work for me at all. I commented the ssl encryption setting out for
the apache server, and
    that worked fine.

2. another imapd and sendmail where running on my machine. For the
unexperienced user,
    its not quite obvious to search for those two as well. So a little
hint in the installation procedure
    would not hurt

3. I created a new user using your webpages. After this, my IMAP clients
where able to
    authenticate against the saslauthd, but smtp postfix did not work at
all. I tried giving
    the imap client a wrong password and got in /var/log/messages:

Dec 10 14:44:36 milhouse saslauthd[18341]: AUTHFAIL: user=rieck
service=imap realm=

as the error message. smtp postfix however gives me the following:

Dec 10 14:46:40 milhouse saslauthd[18341]: AUTHFAIL: user=rieck@milhouse
service=smtp realm=milhouse

The user name is in both cases different. postfix somehow thinks that it
has to append the sasl domain to
the user name. Any fix for that?? Is there any way to specify in postfix
either not to extend the user name,
or in the ldap search interface to ignore @... for the search?

4. looking at the webpage and searching the ldap db, I found that the
mail address in the database is:
uid@ instead of uid@domain. I thought the web interface would take the
email domain specified under server as the default mail address??

Would you guys have a little howto, after the basic kolab installation??
Like how to create a two users and send an email from one to another.
That is basically what I wanted to accomplish.

Thanks

Ralph

--
Ralph Escherich                               2900 Gordon Avenue Suite 203
Senior IC Design Engineer                     Santa Clara, CA 95051-0718

http://www.mobilesmartsinc.com

--------------010909050209020007070307

<head>
</head>
Hi Bernhard,<br>
I tried to day a little more around with your current kolab distribution.
And here are a couple of <br>
observations:<br>
1. the apache server specifies ssl encryption to access the admin directory.
This does not<br>
&nbsp; &nbsp; work for me at all. I commented the ssl encryption setting out for the
apache server, and <br>
&nbsp; &nbsp; that worked fine. <br>
2. another imapd and sendmail where running on my machine. For the unexperienced
user,<br>
&nbsp; &nbsp; its not quite obvious to search for those two as well. So a little hint
in the installation procedure <br>
&nbsp; &nbsp; would not hurt<br>
3. I created a new user using your webpages. After this, my IMAP clients
where able to <br>
&nbsp; &nbsp; authenticate against the saslauthd, but smtp postfix did not work at
all. I tried giving <br>
&nbsp; &nbsp; the imap client a wrong password and got in /var/log/messages:<br>
Dec 10 14:44:36 milhouse saslauthd[18341]: AUTHFAIL: user=rieck service=imap
realm=<br>
as the error message. smtp postfix however gives me the following:<br>
Dec 10 14:46:40 milhouse saslauthd[18341]: AUTHFAIL: user=rieck@milhouse
service=smtp realm=milhouse<br>
The user name is in both cases different. postfix somehow thinks that it
has to append the sasl domain to <br>
the user name. Any fix for that?? Is there any way to specify in postfix
either not to extend the user name,<br>
or in the ldap search interface to ignore @... for the search?<br>
4. looking at the webpage and searching the ldap db, I found that the mail
address in the database is:<br>
uid@ instead of uid@domain. I thought the web interface would take the email
domain specified under server as the default mail address??<br>
Would you guys have a little howto, after the basic kolab installation??
Like how to create a two users and send an email from one to another. That
is basically what I wanted to accomplish.<br>
Thanks<br>
Ralph<br>
Bernhard Reiter wrote:<br>
    <pre wrap=""><!---->for <br></pre>
      <pre wrap=""><!---->complete<br></pre>
        <pre wrap=""><!----><br></pre>
        <pre class="moz-signature" cols="$mailwrapcol">--
Ralph Escherich                               2900 Gordon Avenue Suite 203
Senior IC Design Engineer                     Santa Clara, CA 95051-0718
Phone:  408-328-9333
Fax:    408-735-1163

<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.mobilesmartsinc.com">http://www.mobilesmartsinc.com</a></pre>

--------------010909050209020007070307--