[Kroupware] Kolab 1.0-beta1 released

konold@erfrakon.de kroupware@mail.kde.org
Mon, 9 Dec 2002 08:49:13 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

we just put the files on the master kde server.

ftp://master.kde.org/pub/kde/unstable/server/kolab/kolab-1.0-beta1

This version is identical to the stuff available from our anonymous cvs
since a while.

New features include a monitoring process, paranoic security architecture
and usability improvements of the web interface and no dependency on
apache2 anymore. Changes to the configuration are now immediately beeing
reflected in the corresponding configuration files and processes get
notified properly. Last but not least full unicode support got added.

This version should be much easier to bootstrap than the version before.

For further details please have a look at the Quick Install Manual.

ftp://master.kde.org/pub/kde/unstable/server/kolab/kolab-1.0-beta1/QIM

If you think that you qualify for cvs write access. (E.g. improving our
perl scripts) please contact me.

Attention: We plan to make an extensive security audit on the kolab
server. Please be careful when testing the current beta code and report
security issues immediately to us.

Screenshots can be found here:

http://max.kde.org/screenshots/

Regards,
-- martin

Germanenstra=DFe 15, 70563 Stuttgart, Germany
mobil: 0175 4148693
fax: 0175 13 4148693
email: martin.konold@erfrakon.de