Questions about documentation for kpovmodeler

Bob Hinchman roberthinchman at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 9 18:10:19 CET 2007

PREFACE:  I have a couple questions about kpovmodeler documentation. I
apologize in advance if I've posted to an incorrect forum, but the
kpovmodeler-devel forum appeared to be most appropriate one that I could
find.  If there is a more appropriate forum for me to post my questions,
would you please direct me there?

QUESTIONS:

I recently installed kpovmodeler 1.1.2 and I'm trying to learn to use the
program. This is a fascinating program and I'm greatly looking forward to
using it.

I've read the kpovmodeler Handbook and read the English language tutorials
on the www.linuxgraphic.org site.

Unfortunately, I have been unable to locate on the Internet additional
documentation for kpovmodeler.  Even having read the Handbook and the
English translations of a few tutorials, the program has a large number of
features and tool bar selections that I'm simply unable to figure out.

There are lots of web sites with .pov sample files, but I've had greater
difficulty locating .kpm files which I can import so I can study them. Even
for those that I can import, it is not clear how to use kpovmodeler to
create the imported scenes.

The example files that kpovmodeler installed in
in/usr/share/apps/kpovmodeler/examples/scene will render and I will study
them. Unfortunately, the files in
/usr/share/apps/kpovmodeler/examples/includes do not render and I can't
determine what I'm doing wrong or how to import them into working scenes.

I've downloaded and have started to read the "Introduction to POV-Ray"
documentation.

However, I haven't previously used POV-Ray and I'm having trouble relating
the POV-Ray examples to kpovmodeler.

Could you please suggest where I might find additional documentation for
kpovmodeler?

I'd be happy to purchase a book about using kpovmodeler, but I can't locate
anything on Amazon.com

Thanks in advance for your help.

Bob Hinchman
roberthinchman at yahoo.com