Kpovmodeler for Fedora Core 3 & 4 users, and others.

William K. Volkman wkvsf at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Sep 8 08:46:12 CEST 2005

Hello Thomasso,
	Sorry for the late reply.
On Sun, 2005-09-04 at 23:12 +0000, Thomasso Bartholomew Garcieass wrote:
<snip>
> However, I followed the 4 point instructions that William K. Volkman
> post in the Aug. 23, 2005 Dealing with FC 4. They seem to work well
> for FC 3 also, but there needs to be some clarity on the 4th and final
> step that he posted there? So I want to add what I did  to get Kpov up
> and running.
>
> Once RPMBUILD was finished, which took about 70mins to complete, I
> found I had no idea where the new RPM was located, or if it was a RPM
> I was looking for? So just out of curiosity, I looked around
> the /usr/src/redhat/ directory and there it was: a nice and neat
> folder in /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/
> or /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/kdegraphics-3.4.0/ . I simply ./configure and
> make install (which was super fast BTW) and presto! I'm a happy
> Kpovmodeler user again. Everything seems to be working fine.

Well the use of RPMs does help to keep file system clutter down by
allowing clean
un-installs.  If you look up about 10 to 15 lines before the end of the
RPM build
it tells you where the .rpm files were put, binaries usually end up in:
/usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386
And the srpm in:
/usr/src/redhat/SRPMS/

HTH,