Using PovRay includes

Jeroen Wijnhout Jeroen.Wijnhout at kdemail.net
Thu Jul 8 18:32:12 CEST 2004

On Thursday 08 July 2004 18:18, Andreas Zehender wrote:
> Hi!
>
> There are already a number of includes available in
> <PathToYourKDE>/share/apps/kpovmodeler/examples/includes/inlined

Didn't know about these, thanks.

> In general you can import most includes with some little modifications.
> Just try to copy/paste povray code into a scene.

Yes, but the nice thing about KPovModeler is that you do not need to deal with
the .pov format directly. At first I was surprised that when I clicked on
"Select" in the Texture property sheet, I got an empty list. Only after I
manually created a texture the list showed something to choose from. I
expected that all the standard available textures are immediately available
to choose from.

Would it be too difficult to implement the following:
Add a "import textures/materials/colors" feature. The user selects an inc file
and tells KPovModeler if it is a texture/material or color file. KPovModeler
then scans the file for #declare statements and picks the, let's say, texture
identifying names. All the texture names (not the .pov code) are then added
to the list of available textures and the .inc file is included in the
generated .pov file.

best,
Jeroen
--
Kile - an Integrated LaTeX Environment for KDE
http://kile.sourceforge.net