View Update

Olivier Saraja olivier at linuxgraphic.org
Thu Jan 29 19:11:14 CET 2004

Hi again, Leon

> I've been working on my Plug-in a lot the last few days, changing it from
> using the properties window to using a sepreate editor that pops up when
> you press an edit button in the porperties window. It was a nightmare to
> get working, but now the editor is nice and seprate with a 2D plan view.

one thought I had: could you create a plugin that emulates (or is a frontend
for) the vegetate.inc you could find on :

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Program/9231/povray.html ???

The vegetation object placement file would really be helpful to your landscape
plugin, but I'm afraid that if you directly integrate vegetate
functionalities in your own plugin, then vegetate.inc couldn't be used
easily, I suppose, for other purposes in any scene... Perhaps I'm wrong, I
know nothing of the magic of plugins... ;)

If you need help reviewing the features the vegetate.inc, I could be of some
help for you: I just wrote a paper on it for the French GNU/Linux Magazine.
Even if I know nothing about its programming, I can say now that I know quite
a bit about its use.

Stay in touch...

--
Amicalement,