View Update

Olivier Saraja olivier at linuxgraphic.org
Thu Jan 29 12:26:03 CET 2004

Hi,

> Now the thing is, when you press ok on the editor, it does not apply the
> changes straight away, you have to press apply in the properties window for
> the changes to take effect. I found that if I did apply the changes
> straight from the editor, the wireframe views did not update properly, and
> sometimes not at all.

Instead of making a OK button to press in the editor, you should make a REVOKE
Editor  button (that will act the same as OK, internally speaking). This way,
you *still* have to press on APPLY in the properties window but the whole is
logical: the popup defines only supplementary properties, and it's only when
these are applied in the main properties view that changes occur. Opening and
closing the editor is then called by CALL Editor and REVOKE Editor buttons.

Hope this idea helps...

--
Amicalement,
Olivier Saraja