Not in scene

Andreas Zehender zehender at kde.org
Fri Jan 9 22:31:17 CET 2004

Hi Leon!

On Friday, 09. January 2004 00:52, Leon Pennington wrote:
> However you can move the Heightfield to under scene or into a CSG. This is
> not wanted as the Heightfield can only take Textures and not
> transformations. How do I stop this? I don't think there is a way in the
> insertrules, I tried the exception, but that didn't seem to help.

Merging of insert rules should work as expected.

You added an exception for graphical objects, that means your heightfield does
not count as graphical object (when it is a parent for objects to insert) and
therefore all default insert rules for graphical objects don't apply. But
that only controls, what objects can be inserted into the heightfield, not
into what objects your heightfield can be inserted into. Hope that's clear
enough :-)

There's no way to tell the insert rule system that your heightfield can't be
inserted into a csg, as long as your heightfield inherits from
PMGraphicalObject.

Andreas

 Andreas Zehender
 Master of Computer Science, Dipl. Ing. (BA)
 http://www.azweb.de
 az at azweb.de | zehender at kde.org