Not in scene

Andreas Zehender zehender at kde.org
Fri Jan 9 07:23:47 CET 2004

Hi Leon!

Please send me your current code, maybe I have to extend the insert rules
system.

I guess you heightfield is a base class of PMGraphicalObject and can therefore
be inserted into a CSG.

A plugin should be able to add exceptions to existing rules. If not I will
extend it.

Andreas

On Friday, 09. January 2004 00:52, Leon Pennington wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How do I prevent an object being moved into scene.
>
> Basically I have changed the way the landscape plug-in works. There is now
> a LGLandscape object, that simply contains a scale value, and a
> LGHeightField. When the Landscape is first created it will contain a
> Heightfield. If you delete the heightfield you can recreate it with a
> button in the landscape properties.
>
> However you can move the Heightfield to under scene or into a CSG. This is
> not wanted as the Heightfield can only take Textures and not
> transformations. How do I stop this? I don't think there is a way in the
> insertrules, I tried the exception, but that didn't seem to help.
>
> I'm doing it this way for later on, when you add a river, or other objects,
> they will also be the child of LGLandscape, landscape has the scale ( so
> things like trees will be the correct size ), also it has the
> transformations, So everthing stays in the right place. The objects handle
> their serialisations so each can have whatever texture you want.

 Andreas Zehender
 Master of Computer Science, Dipl. Ing. (BA)
 http://www.azweb.de
 az at azweb.de | zehender at kde.org