Not in scene

Leon Pennington leon at leonscape.co.uk
Fri Jan 9 00:52:56 CET 2004

Hi,

How do I prevent an object being moved into scene.

Basically I have changed the way the landscape plug-in works. There is now a
LGLandscape object, that simply contains a scale value, and a LGHeightField.
When the Landscape is first created it will contain a Heightfield. If you
delete the heightfield you can recreate it with a button in the landscape
properties.

However you can move the Heightfield to under scene or into a CSG. This is not
wanted as the Heightfield can only take Textures and not transformations. How
do I stop this? I don't think there is a way in the insertrules, I tried the
exception, but that didn't seem to help.

I'm doing it this way for later on, when you add a river, or other objects,
they will also be the child of LGLandscape, landscape has the scale ( so
things like trees will be the correct size ), also it has the
transformations, So everthing stays in the right place. The objects handle
their serialisations so each can have whatever texture you want.

--
Leon Pennington

Programming is a pastime similar to banging one's head against a wall, but
with fewer opportunities for reward.