Adding new things

Leon Pennington leon at leonscape.co.uk
Wed Apr 21 15:34:36 CEST 2004

On Sunday 28 March 2004 17:09, Leon Pennington wrote:
> That appears to be the main approach, but I was thinking about other ways
> as well, hoping to find something which could solve other problems, like
> how to accuratley represent blobs, and other mathematical objects. They
> mainly define a space, and have a mathematical boundary, and drawing them
> has a lot of the same problems and solutions that CSG has.
>
> Thats mainly what I've been researching, but the brep approach could
> possibly be the best way, and I might be thinking about solutions which are
> to complex ( i.e slow and memory hungry ) for a modeller.

After a lot of messing about, the brep approach is definatley better. ( I bet
you already knew that :)

I just couldn't get the way I was thinking about to work in a resonable
manner, I was ending up with rubbish I didn't want, and the anount of time it
took was rediculous. So after I get the rest of the stuff done I'll go back
over brep, and see what I can come up with.

--
Leon Pennington

"Programming, it's an art form that fights back."