Radiosity and Photons

Leon Pennington leon at leonscape.co.uk
Mon Sep 8 06:07:54 CEST 2003

On Saturday 06 September 2003 8:44 am, Andreas Zehender wrote:
> If the photon block are the same or at least similar and the user should be
> able to copy a block from an object to the global settings, then don't
> create two objects.
>
> Andreas

The diffrence between global and Object/Light is large, so I've done seprate
objects.

The thing I'm trying to do is the diffrence between Objects and Light. Objects
have six settings. Lights have three. Two of these settings are shared. So
I'm trying to so both in the same object.

The problem I'm having is whether I can create diffrent settings within the
same object. I'm not having much luck. Its works at serialize, but on
creation and moving of the objects, the object doesn't seem to have a parent
I can use. So whenever I add an object its always selecting the object setup
( I'm looking for light to make the switch.) I think what I'm trying to do is
impossible. Pasting and Moving also seem to presenting similar problems, as
there doesn't appear to be a way of letting the object know its been moved,
so it can check its parent.

But I think it would be messy to have three photon objects. So maybe I should
put the photon light settings in the Light object? I'm a bit stuck on what to
do.

--
Leon Pennington

"The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree, is by
accident. That's where we come in; we're computer professionals. We cause
accidents."
 Nathaniel Borenstein.