povray section and additions to my wish list

Andreas Zehender zehender at kde.org
Thu Oct 30 22:28:08 CET 2003

Hi!

On Thursday, 30. October 2003 22:40, Olivier Saraja wrote:
> povray section on linuxgraphic.org:
> ==================
> Here's for the moment an unofficial version of the povray section we are
> building on linuxgraphic.org:
>
> http://www.linuxgraphic.org/section3d/povray/

Is there a english version available? I don't understand french.

> When will we have news from the new kpm website?

Hmm, I will start to create a new layout myself.
Jérémie seems to be quite busy, too.

> Additions to my wish list:
> ============
> *About the render modes: could we have one additional button that
> duplicates the selected render mode in order to modify it slightly instead
> of re-building each render mode from scratch?

Not in KDE 3.2, we are in a feature freeze right now.
I will add it to my TODO list.

> *About the control points of prismes, curves, etc.: could we activate
> labels number in the 3d view for each point? It would be easier to identify
> the u,v line to change for a particular control point in the 3d view

The control points are displayed in a table in the cvs version. You can select
control points by selecting a row in the table and the current selection is
shown in the table when selecting control points in the wire frame view.

> *Multiple cameras support: could you set a tag enabling that the
> perspective view (and the appropriate rendering) is done for the currently
> active camera (from within a menu, a dock view, the camera settings...???)

Every object and camera has now an "export" flag. You can deactivate cameras
by unchecking this flag.

Povray uses always the first or last camera to render a scene, and I will
export the cameras in the order inside the scene.

Greetings, Andreas
 Andreas Zehender
 Master of Computer Science, Dipl. Ing. (BA)
 http://www.azweb.de
 az at azweb.de | zehender at kde.org