povray section and additions to my wish list

Olivier Saraja olivier at linuxgraphic.org
Thu Oct 30 21:40:52 CET 2003

Hi all,

I suppose everyone is quite busy because of the sudden silence on the mailing
list. I'm trying to compile the CVS version but I have troubles because of
the software versions I have on my computer. I don't have time to explore
more right now, but I hope to play with the CVS version very soon.

povray section on linuxgraphic.org:
==================
Here's for the moment an unofficial version of the povray section we are
building on linuxgraphic.org:

http://www.linuxgraphic.org/section3d/povray/

Here's how will look the french version of the tutorials I wrote (currently
there are ten of them):

http://www.linuxgraphic.org/section3d/povray/didacticiels/kpm_premiere_scene/index-fr.html

When will we have news from the new kpm website?

Additions to my wish list:
============
*About the render modes: could we have one additional button that duplicates
the selected render mode in order to modify it slightly instead of
re-building each render mode from scratch?

*About the control points of prismes, curves, etc.: could we activate labels
number in the 3d view for each point? It would be easier to identify the u,v
line to change for a particular control point in the 3d view

*Multiple cameras support: could you set a tag enabling that the perspective
view (and the appropriate rendering) is done for the currently active camera
(from within a menu, a dock view, the camera settings...???)

--
Cheers,
Olivier Saraja