Functions and macros available in v3.5

CARVALHO Luis Passos luis.passos at enabler.com
Fri Nov 14 15:07:25 CET 2003

This is one of the things that will be accomplished by plugins.
Object plugins implement the properties dialog, the wireframe for the 3d views, insert rules and export/import functionality.

> They are also a lot of functions in functions.inc usable for
> isosurfaces. I
> know that this feature is currently being implemented and it
> could be cool to
> also have the possibility to pick among these predefined
> functions (could we
> also have a little preview of these functions like we have preview of
> materials/textures?) or even to add custom functions in the list.

What is your expectation for functions previews? Can you elaborate on that?

> What do you think of all of this? Is it easy to do? Is it
> like adding objects
> or is it more complicated?

I think it can be done. We must complete the plugin infrastructure first though. Unfortunately, available time to work on kpovmodeler decreased significantly in the past year, with visible impact on the development rate. However, if I know Andreas, once the plugin architecture is done, adding new plugins to kpovmodeler will be a breeze, and you'll get lots of complex objects to play around with.

> Cheers,
> OlivS

See ya,
Luis