Textures

az at azweb.de az at azweb.de
Tue May 20 17:33:59 CEST 2003

Hi Eric!

> I just installed in POV-ray 3.5 and I am fiddling with Kpovmodeler.  I
think
> it's great, but I'm having a small problem.  I can apply pigments to
objects,
> but it doesn't seem like the program is aware of the installed textures.

> When I add a texture to an object and click on the select button, the
object
> list window comes up, but nothing is in it.  So I'm sure I've done
something
> wrong, but I'm not sure what.  I added the path /usr/lib/povray-3.5 to
the
> library path and the command and documentation path seem to be fine.

The object list window shows all texture declarations _inside_ the scene.
KPovModeler doesn't parse the povray include files as they contain some
objects and/or macros we don't support. Instead open one of the example
scenes (should be located in
$KDEDIR/share/apps/kpovmodeler/examples/includes/...) and copy the needed
texture declarations into your scene. The example scenes should contain
all standard povray 3.1 textures.

The library path is only used by povray to find external resources like
truetype fonts or images for height fields.

In the next major release we will have an object and texture library.

Greetings, Andreas