KDE Headers Error

az at azweb.de az at azweb.de
Wed Jun 4 18:20:55 CEST 2003

Hi!

> I'm trying to install kpovmodeler-1.0 to a Redhat 7.3 installation
running KDE 3.0.0-10 and continue to receive the dreaded checking for
KDE...configure error: in the prefix you've chosen, are no KDE headers
installed. This will fail. Since KDE was completely installed during the
Redhat install including the kde-devel module, I'm at a loss as to how to
proceed.

> I've even followed the advice of previous posts regarding the use of
--includedir=/usr/include/kde and creating the KDEDIR=/usr/include/kde
and
then exporting it with no success.

Some ideas:
- IIRC there is an additional ./configure option to specify the KDE
include dir.
- On my distribution (SuSE) the package with the needed header files is
kde-libs-devel
- You can look at the config.log file for the reason of the configure
check failure.

Andreas