CVS version question

Hugo Ferreira hmf at inescporto.pt
Tue Jul 8 17:38:53 CEST 2003

Hello Andreas,

First and foremost, thanks for th reply. Just a quick update.

1. Compiling and installing.
I repeated the install to the /usr/local as before. Only this time I included
the environement variables PATH, KDEDIRS and LD_LIBRARY_PATH. Worked without
a hitch. Thanks.

Example:
# To test local CVS version of some KDE apps.
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/local/kde/lib/
export KDEDIRS=/usr/local/kde/
export PATH=/usr/local/kde/bin/:$PATH

2. You where correct. After setting the paths all icons and menu options where
there. I could import the stuff as before.

3. The KDEDIRS is not found in the kdegraphics INSTALL file (it seems to be a
generic one). A google and searching the KDE site gave me the info. needed.

4. In regards to supporting the stuff I am interested in: I have installed
kdevelop and will be looking at the code. Could you give me any hints were to
start looking?

Thanks.
Hugo Ferreira.