Installation problem kpovmodeler 1.0

André Nicolaj Zahn kpovmodeler-devel@mail.kde.org
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 17:02:49 +0100

Hi,

I must admit that I'm not very familiar with installing linux software
but I already managed it a few times! ;-)

Because SuSE 8.1 includes kpovmodeler 0.2, I wanted to install the new
version 1.0. I'm Using SuSE Linux 8.1 and KDE 3.1.0.

"configure" and "make" are OK, but "make install" outputs:
[...]
libtool: link: cannot find the library `/usr/lib/libGL.la'
make[2]: *** [libkpovmodelerpart.la.closure] Fehler 1
make[2]: Verlassen des Verzeichnisses
"/home/nic/downloads/kpovmodeler-1.0/kpovmodeler"
make[1]: *** [install-recursive] Fehler 1
make[1]: Verlassen des Verzeichnisses
"/home/nic/downloads/kde-software/kpovmodeler"
make: *** [install-recursive] Fehler 1

What do I have to install to get a "libGL.la"? Compared to the
REQUIREMENTS file I have installed the following packages:
- of course, KDE, Qt, POV-Ray
- freetype2 and freetype2-devel
- OpenGL??? Do I have to activate 3D support in Sax2???
- mesaglu, mesaglu-devel
- mesaglut, mesaglut-devel
- xf86_glx, xf86_glx-devel

mesa-devel is NOT installed. Do I need it? The SuSE package manager
(Yast2) says that installing the mesa-devel package is not possible
(confilict with xf86_glx-devel).

Would be great if someone could help me! :-)
Thank you,
nic