Possible bug reports

Leon Pennington leon at leonscape.co.uk
Fri Dec 19 01:15:28 CET 2003

On Thursday 18 December 2003 07:54, olivier at linuxgraphic.org wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> with all the intensive use of kpovmodeler these past few days, I
> experimented some strange behavior.
>
> 1) As I'm at work right now, I can't do a test in order to check if this is
> repetitive but:
>
> when i have a declaration for an object somewhere up in the tree
> when I have a link object somewhere low in the tree
> when I select both of them (using CTRL+mouse) and erase with the DEL key...
>
> ... KPM crashes!
>
> Anyone as been through this before?

I just tried it here in diffrerent ways and I couldn't reproduce it. Did you
get a backtrace? and Just a note bugs should really go in the bug system :)

> 2) When importing external POV scripts and when name for colours are used
> instead of rgb values, there are some warning and errors issued by kpm: a
> pigment is finally created, but no solid color corresponding to the one in
> the script. In fact, it seems that only colors written in the rgb format in
> the pov file is correctly imported... I checked in the solid color options,
> and I can turn from Web colors, to Named colors, to personal colors (bad
> translations from the french interface, sorry for the inaccuracy), so the
> colors are existing, for sure: it's just that KPM can't browse through the
> different families of color checkers during import...

I think I know what you mean, as far as I'm aware the parser ( that reads
in .pov files ) can currently only handle rgb format colours. When you select
a named colour from the lists KPM just handles the rgb equivalent. ( Look
below the colours and you'll see the rgb values it will use ). The colour
edit dialog you can select a named colour from is a standard part of KDE. So
KPM is unaware of the names.

I think thats correct, I'm sure someone will correct me if its not.