POV 3.5 Objects

Leon Pennington leon at leonscape.co.uk
Sat Aug 30 03:20:59 CEST 2003

On Friday 29 August 2003 8:54 pm, Andreas Zehender wrote:

> Can you write on which objects you are working?
> Do you need any help? Documentation? Tutorials? Don't hesitate to ask here.

I'm working on the Lights, at the moment. Added Parallel, Circular Area and
Orient. Currently Adding the light groups. I'm also working on adding
Photons, and the diffrences with Radiosity. (All the light stuff mainly).

The Heightfield view is working but does need more attention, I've altered
what I was doing slightly, Water levels where something I missed, so I have
to put that into the viewing.

I muddling through so at the moment I'm OK, but as soon as I'm stuck I'll post
back here.  (which will probably be soon! :)

> We have not enough time left for a clean separation of povray 3.1 and
> povray 3.5 features. That will be possible when the plugin framework is
> finished.
>
> It is almost possible, but I can't finish it within the next 3 weeks.
> As you can see in
> http://developer.kde.org/development-versions/kde-3.2-release-plan.html, we
> have only 3 weeks left to implement the most important povray 3.5 objects.

I think I can get this stuff added within say a week, would that be OK?

So I should add the stuff to the 3.1 Serialisation and Format? and then
there'll be a sepration after the next release?

(Thats currently what I've done for testing what I've Altered and Added.)