Update to ChangeLog

luis kpovmodeler-devel@mail.kde.org
Sat, 28 Sep 2002 21:34:09 +0100

On Saturday 28 September 2002 07:46, Andreas Zehender wrote:

> Uh, yes.
> What features are new to the 1.0 version?
> Only the view layouts come to my mind. Aren't there any secret new featur=
es
> you added?

Ahh, yes, well... uhmmm... ahhhh...
Yup, view layouts it is. Oh yes! And the documentation!

> I think the best solution would be to support only 3.5 in the gui and both
> 3.1 and 3.5 in separate import/export format plugins (or both in one
> plugin). The 3.1 plugin must then make additional validation of the scene
> to check if it is compatible with POV-Ray 3.1.
>
> You can safetly change any POV-Ray serialization code as we have still the
> 3.1 version in the HEAD branch. If the import/export plugin is finished, I
> will move all povray serialization methods into a separate plugin.
>
> Therefore the member variables can't be used directly in these methods any
> more. If you implement new or change existing ones, use the get* methods.

Will do.

> Some ideas I had recently:
> The properties views for lathe, prism, sor and bicubic patch are quite
> crappy. What if the points are listed in a listbox. The control point
> selection and the selection in the list box would be synchronized, what
> means you can select and deselect control points in the properties view.
> IMHO that would be a great improvement.

The list box is a good idea. Also, have you considered having a 2d view=20
specialized for this type of objects. Girams editor for suface of revolutio=
n=20
is, IMHO, easier:
		http://www.giram.org/images/screenshot2.jpg

Regards,