Update to ChangeLog

Andreas Zehender kpovmodeler-devel@mail.kde.org
Sat, 28 Sep 2002 08:46:21 +0200

Hi Luis!

On Friday 27 September 2002 19:31, CARVALHO Luis Passos wrote:
> Andreas,
>
> You need to update the ChangeLog on the cvs to include version 1.0.

Uh, yes.
What features are new to the 1.0 version?
Only the view layouts come to my mind. Aren't there any secret new features
you added?

> I'm just finishing the search functionality for the object library then
> I'll commit it to KPOVMODELER_1_1_BRANCH so that you can play with it and
> give some comments.

Great!

> By the way, do you have any idea on how to handle different povray versions
> or haven't you thought about it yet?
>
> Once the library is done I'll start implementing the new objects and
> updating the old ones for povray 3.5 and I would like to know if we forget
> completely 3.1 or if we try to take care of both.

I think the best solution would be to support only 3.5 in the gui and both 3.1
and 3.5 in separate import/export format plugins (or both in one plugin).
The 3.1 plugin must then make additional validation of the scene to check if
it is compatible with POV-Ray 3.1.

You can safetly change any POV-Ray serialization code as we have still the 3.1
version in the HEAD branch. If the import/export plugin is finished, I will
move all povray serialization methods into a separate plugin.

Therefore the member variables can't be used directly in these methods any
more. If you implement new or change existing ones, use the get* methods.

Some ideas I had recently:
The properties views for lathe, prism, sor and bicubic patch are quite crappy.
What if the points are listed in a listbox. The control point selection and
the selection in the list box would be synchronized, what means you can
select and deselect control points in the properties view. IMHO that would be
a great improvement.

Andreas

 Andreas Zehender, Dipl. Ing. (BA)
 Student, 10th semester computer science