Latest CVS: icons?

Fabio Papa (MCE) kpovmodeler-devel@mail.kde.org
Tue, 26 Nov 2002 17:42:35 +0100

On Tue, 26 Nov 2002 17:05:52 +0100
Andreas Zehender <zehender@kde.org> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> On Tuesday 26 November 2002 12:59, Fabio Papa (MCE) wrote:
> > Hi list,
> >   I recently tried to compile latest kdegraphics package, with latest
> > rc3 kde, and all went well, until I started kpovmodeler: I get no icons
> > on the menus. What can it be?
>
> Several possibilities:
> The most common mistake is to install KPovModeler into another directory than
> KDE, but since you compiled the whole kdegraphics package I assume you know
> that.
> The icon naming has changed recently, all icons have the "cr-" instead of the
> "hi-" prefix. Make sure these icons are installed (check the make install
> output). If not, try to rerun "make -f Makefile.cvs". Maybe your Makefile.am
> files are too old. Did you installed KPovModeler into a clean directory?
Hi Andreas,
  thanks for your time. I solved installing in a clean dir, namely /usr/local/kde.
Before, I was trying /usr as install dir, only to have the bins in /usr/bin, libs
in /usr/libs etc... I'm a little bit lazy, I know! Maybe that way the icons got
in the wrong place, I don't know. Now all is fully functional!

I want to take this chance to offer another item to the todo list, but I don't
know if it's already in: it would be nice to see the entire cone of a spot light,
or at least, if it's infinite, a little bit longer than it is now, because it's
difficult to predict right values for falloff angles.

Thanks to all who helped, bye!

> Andreas
> --
>  Andreas Zehender, Dipl. Ing. (BA)