Web server (was: Re: [Newbie] Menu errors)

Tarax kpovmodeler-devel@mail.kde.org
Tue, 5 Nov 2002 12:51:53 +0100

Le Lundi 4 Novembre 2002 16:52, Andreas Zehender a =E9crit :
> Hi!
>
> On Monday 04 November 2002 14:07, Tarax wrote:
> > > I wanted to upgrade my home page to get cgi scripts, some more web
> > > space and statistics anyway.
> >
> > I've 512k (upload) connexion running Mandrake's Advenced Extranet Ser=
ver
> > with all mod, cgi we'd need. Planning to set up a stat tool aswell.
> > consider it yours if you want :)
>
> If you volunteer to maintain it, yes, that would be great.
> I have only 10MB webspace and 4GB/month traffic limit. A real web serve=
> would be much better.
>
> Can the server be bound to www.kpovmodeler.org if I quit the contract w=
ith
> my provider? I don't have a clue in such things.

Hi,

Yes, we'll (your provider & I) just have to update our DNS setup. We shou=
ld=20
make tests before you quit your ISP ;-)) My traffic limit is actually 10G=
B,=20
but I'll switch to higher limit if I need to. The server is quite small f=
or=20
now, but that will change aswell if needed.

For redesign... soft bumped grey & thin blue neons are on the way...=20

J=E9r=E9mie

--=20
Future Is Free, Fight Against Bill & Friends
Linux User # 274160
Linux Boxes #157052, 157053, 157054
MandrakeClub Member