[kplato] Look 'n Field

Dag Andersen danders at get2net.dk
Mon Jun 23 08:43:28 CEST 2008

Søndag 22 juni 2008 23:56 skrev Frédéric Lambert:
> Okay I tried one of the three method to implement Charts:
> 1) flakes 2) KPlotWidget 3) QGraphicsView
>
> So I tried the 2) tonight, and I commit a little view.
>
> I looked at the possibilities and it's better than before.
>
> But we will need to add some functionnalities :
> - Accept other things like float on the Axis.
Yes, a date axis can be much more complex in order to make it readable. We
would probably need some configurability ala the gantt chart.
> - Take away the grid and only show bottom and left Axis
> - Fix anti-aliaising (don't show black axis with white background)
> - We can choose to display points or line, we have to show the two in the
> same time.
>   ( to display intersection between two curves and allow tooltips)
> - Enable a curve with two colors (red and green for exemple) in order to
> show quickly "good"and "bad" curve parts.
> - etc
>
> As soon as i have free time, i'll take a look at the Qt options we talked
> before.
> ( docs widgets, qsplitter, etc..)
Good.

> Then, can I know on what your working now Dag to evoid doing the same thing
> ?
I think these are the main things I'll work in the near future:
- Calculation of bcws/bcwp/acwp
- Configuration / task default values
- Improve scripting
- Testing / unit tests

> [...]
> > > the full window. At least in the Dependencies List,  a preview gantt
> > > windows focus on the task selected.
> >
> > Personnaly I would put my time into the graphics view because I would
> > choose
> > to work that way most of the time, and I won't have time for both.
> > I think the main things missing are:
> > - Show selectable areas on the task items
> > - Show the task structure
> > - Show more info (like WBS code) for each task. (configurable)
> > - Make it possible to Expand/Collapse summary tasks
> > - Add a way to edit all dependencies for a task (new dialog)
> > - Make it possible to do it all with keyboard only
> >
> > > -when adding a new Task (Task Editor), Why can't we choose to start a
> >
> > task
> >
> > > before, After and same time than the X task (Already added) ?
> >
> > Hmm, don't know exactly what you mean.
> > In general, you have to calculate a project schedule (in the schedule
> > editor)
> > to get a start time for a task. You could of course set a (start)
> > constraint
> > but still you have to schedule.
> >
> > > General :
> > > - Calendar widget in Timezone Editor don't show all dates number.
> >
> > Do you mean the dialog you open with context menu? In that case it's a
> > bug somewhere that paints dates in white. The reason I haven't fixed it
> > is time,
> > and I'm not sure wether to keep the dialog or not.
> >
> > > - Why hide all the informations like in Task Status, Resource
> > > assignemts, Task by resources and Schedule : Result ?
> >
> > You mean why items are not expanded by default?
> > Well, that's the way qt behaves by default ;)
> >
> > > Finaly i think that the most important thing to do is to add a sentence
> >
> >  on
> >
> > > the top of each window or in the bar in the bottom of KPlato. to :
> > > 1) Say what current window show and 2) how use it.
> > > Exemple : i didn't notice we could link task in the depencies graphics
> > > until moving on a very tiny part of a task rectangle.
> >
> > (This editor have only the bare bones functionallity yet.)
> >
> > > Add comment in bottom would be nice.
> >
> > What about adding a "What's this" to the view selector. Tooltip is
> > allready there.
> > In general there should be a *lot* of "What's this" added all over the
> > place.
> > Also tooltips are missing in alot of places and some of those present
> > isn't necessary very good.
> >
> > > I think kplato is really powerfull and it diserve to be more user
> >
> > friendly,
> >
> > > I think it will conqueer more people and evoid to afraid them when they
> > > open KPlato for the first time.
> >
> > Agree, I'm not particularly good at usability so comments are always
> > wellcome.
> > If somebody would also implement it, I would be absolutly thrilled.
> >
> > > I'm done for now.
> > >
> > > Please tell me what you wanna modify and i'll do.
> >
> > Still think you should do the chart first.

Mvh
Dag Andersen