[kplato] chart: troubles using cost

Dag Andersen danders at get2net.dk
Fri Mar 16 10:57:54 CET 2007

Onsdag 14 marts 2007 19:38 skrev Dag Andersen:
> Fredag 09 marts 2007 16:12 skrev Frédéric Lambert:
> > Hi everybody!
>
> Hi, I've been away some days so excuse the late answer.
>
> > We have some troubles when we try to display the curves. The cost
> > (from Project::actualCostTo(...) and Project::plannedCostTo(...) )
> > seems to return always 0 in our methods ( kptchart.cc =>
> > calculateActualCost(..) and calculatePlannedCost(..) ).
Ok, had a closer look at it, it was a long time ago I touched these ;)
The actualCost* methods do return 0 as I haven't implemented any way to enter
the progress info yet.
I had hoped to start on this today, but I'm still fighting to get my system
uptodate after the latest kdelibs changes, so it'll have to be next week.

(...)
> > - we don't know how to use the tasks's cost in KPlato (what do we need to
> > do ?).
>
> * You need to assign a cost to your resource(s), (hourly rate).
> * Assign a startup- and/or shutdown cost to the task(s).
> * Allocate the resource(s) to the task(s).
> * Calulate a project schedule.
* Enter progress info, which isn't implemented yet!

> > Thanks!

Mvh
Dag Andersen