[kplato] class reportView

Dag Andersen danders at get2net.dk
Sat Jan 13 20:48:14 CET 2007

Lørdag 13 januar 2007 16:13 skrev Frédéric Becquier:
> Hello,
Hi, and happy new year to you all.

>  I'm working on  a panel which displays the tasks attributed to the
> differents resources of a project.
> This panel will be included in the right part of the main window.
Great.

> I have called the main class "reportView". I have
> already seen this name in the file "kptview.c" but this class was in
> comment.
The current reportview was (is) using the kugar report engine. This was meant
to offer general reports functionallity so it would be possible to
design/display your own reports. However, as the state of kugar is in a bit
of a flux, and there is a lot to be done to reach that goal anyway, I decided
to comment out that code.

> So, I would like to know if I have to change the name of my class before
> commiting or if this class was planned to implements the panel i'm working
> on.
Regarding your reportView, there is currently a view that displays something
similar; ResourceAppointmentsView. It is implemented as a "subview" to
ResourceView. Selecting a resource will list the tasks the resource is
attributted to and how many hour pr day. This will of course only show
appointments for one resource at a time. A view that shows all resources
would be usefull I think.

I would propose to change the name, though. I find "reportView" a bit general,
what about ResourceAssignmentView, or something similar?

Note:
* This view doesn't work well in the current svn, it hasn't been fully ported.
* Also there is a similar view for showing resources attributted to a task,
TaskAppointmentsView, which is a subview to GanttView.

--
Mvh
Dag Andersen