[kplato] Hello

Dag Andersen danders at get2net.dk
Mon Dec 4 12:07:23 CET 2006

Fredag 01 december 2006 17:28 skrev Frédéric Lambert:
> Hello !
>
> Here is the new list of our choosen functionalities :
>

>  - Bugs corrections
Don't think about this now. Due to the port to kde4, a lot of stuff will not
work. We'll get back to the bugs reported from earlier versions nearer to
release, I think.

>  - Improvments of the graphical interface : new buttons, short cuts etc...
>
>  - List of the remaining task for each resource, and the list of the past
> task (in order to print)
>
>  - Pert : Enter the task List in order to calculate some indicators like :
>    - Stroke of each task : earlier start, later start, earlier end, later
> end...
>    - critical way
>
>  - Charts to display Budgeted Cost of Work Scheduled vs. Budgeted Cost of
> Work Performed (Schedule Variance);
>    and Budgeted Cost of Work Performed vs Actual Cost of Work Performed
> (Cost Variance).
This have high priority with me, too.

>  - Export to Kspread (Kspread PLugin)
This could be expanded with a similar imort/export to KWord. We get 4
situations:
1) Import to KSpread
2) Import to Kword
3) Export to KSpread
4) Export to Kword

Solutions would probably be very similar so sharing a lot of code should be
possible.
1 & 2 would be plugins for KSpread/Kword respectivly that would read from
kplato file(s).
3 and 4 would be views/dialogs in kpato that generates data from the running
kplato instance.

High priority, I want some (or all) of this in before next release :)

> If you have another ideas, just tell us :)
- There is the idea from Nicolas Pettiaux (see other mail) to use KDissert for
data input. I haven't had a look at it yet, but using other applications to
enhance functionallity is always interresting.
I'd say that this would have lower priority than the things above.

- Duration widget. I know you have mentioned this earlier, but I bring it up
again as it needs to be fixed before next release. What I have in mind is to
make it very similar to the QDateTimeEdit widget, but with the added
flexibility of the current solution.

> Best Regards !
> KPlato French Team ;-)

(...)