[kplato] problem with kplato on current svn version...

Dag Andersen danders at get2net.dk
Wed Dec 21 14:55:37 CET 2005

On Onsdag 21 december 2005 14:17, fmdp wrote:
> Hi Dag,
>
> I play with kplato, and here are few comments:
> problems:
> - doesn't handle correctly the task duration when set more than one
> working plage per day (set 13:0->15:0 and 20:0->23:59)=> all tasks
> are displayed as '1 day long' in the gantt
I don't know what you expected to see , but it should display the task
as starting 13:0 and ending 23:59. It doesn't show that no work is
going on from 15:0 to 20:0.
> - can't set ressources calendar (poor workers that can't take
> holidays! ;) ) - project calendar: when days are tagged 'non
> worked', it doesn't alter the gantt
The gantt chart doesn't (atm) display non-working days as you have set
them in the calendar. It indicates "week-ends" as gray in accordance
with you locale settings (I think), but this only works "correctly"
when you have a 1 day scale.

> wishes:
I'll come back to this, no resource leveling is implemented yet, it
will just overbook.
> - a link to Karm, to help feeding kplato with real worked times on
> tasks - can assign a ressource for a 'mother task', that will
> assign this ressource to all children's taskes
> - calculate the right start time when 'ASAP' is selected with
> previous effort sum:
> task1 (effort 2days) and task2 (effort 1d) assigned to Ressource1
> and both start the 2005-12-21 in parrallel
> task3 (start ASAP as task1 and task2 are finished)
> Now, I see that task3 start only 2 days after task1, but Ressource1
> can't work 3 days (task1+task2) in 2 days! So, I would guess that
> task3 will start 'as soon as possible', that's to say 'as soon as
> Ressource1 is free', so, when he will have done task1+task2 => 3
> days after the start of task1/task2 - add a TODO set of tasks that
> are not yet plannified. We know that we'll have to work on theses
> tasks, and they are yet ready to be planned (we can annotate them,
> estimate effort, ...)
> - handle euros too (only dollars for now) (minor for now! ;) )
> - a per ressource list of tasks, in a calendar (as
>
> But it seems to be promising, and I hope I will be able to use it
> 'for real' soon! ;)
> The gui is not too hard to use (I miss some things like double
> click on task on gantt to edit it, or things like that) but I found
> the way of linking them alone. I used Qt4 in an other project, and
> yes, you are right to wait qt4 on kde to implement that sort of
> things... ;)
>
> have nice holidays, and see you next year!
Thanks, the same to to you.

> Fred
>
> Le Mercredi 21 Décembre 2005 13:44, Dag Andersen a écrit :
> > On Onsdag 21 december 2005 13:10, fmdp wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > > it works fine with today's svn (it may have worked for few past
> > > days too as I couldn't test it until now).
> >
> > Good :)
> >
> > > I'll play with kplato now.
> > > Is the actual state can be tested, or is it known to be so
> > > unstable that bug reporting is not welcome for now?
> > > Is there any place to report bugs/features requests?
> >
> > No, you can test, I don't know of any crashes atm ;)
> > It's early days yet, what I try to cover for this first 0.x
> > release is basic project planning. In short you can define tasks,
> > resources, calendars and accounts, link tasks, assign resources
> > to tasks and schedule the project.
> > Finding out how to link tasks can be tricky, but if you in
> > ganttview point to a task, press LMB and drag to another task,
> > you'll get a link. Double clicking on a link will get you a link
> > dialog. (I've plans to find a better way, suggestions wellcome)
> >
> > The ui is generally not much good, I think, but I didn't plan to
> > do anything about it until qt4. Now, qt4 seems a very long time
> > off, so...
> > But suggestions are very wellcome anyway!
> >
> > Bugs can be reported using the help menu as normal, or directly
> > using bugs.kde.org, but discussing on this list first maybe
> > better until we release.
> >
> > Unfortunately (?:) I'm taking a real long Christmas holiday this
> > year, leaving tomorrow, not back until next year! (probably jan
> > 3.)
> >
> > So, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all!
> >
> > > Fred

Mvh,
Dag Andersen