[kplato] license and patent issues with PMXML

Raphael Langerhorst raphael-langerhorst at gmx.at
Sat Oct 30 19:46:49 CEST 2004

Hello!

I'm involved in development of the KPlato (K PLanning TOol,
http://www.koffice.org/kplato) application. Currently we use our own
(XML) format for storing documents. As KPlato has not yet been
released changing the format is not affecting users.

We consider PMXML as an option. We have a few questions though:

1) What is the license of the PMXML format? Can it be freely used by
open source projects like KPlato?

2) Are there any patents we need to be aware of when using the format?

3) How far is the standardization process?

Thanks a lot!
Raphael Langerhorst

--
G System, The Evolving Universe - http://www.g-system.at