[kplato] kplato part of kde....?

Dag Andersen danders at get2net.dk
Wed Nov 24 11:43:34 CET 2004

On Tirsdag 23 november 2004 21:53, Richard Bos wrote:
> I don't know if I should brings this up already, but with a fresh
> koffice release why not.
>
> Has kplato been far enough developed to have it build with the rest
> of koffice and as such make it visible for the rest of kde user?  I
> read that there is a gui, it works etc.  I think that kplato would
> be a nice addition for kde-3.4 or is it koffice-1.3.6/1.4, so
> people could start looking at this new kde baby :)
It's a koffice app, so i'd think koffice-1.4.
IMO it's not ready for release yet, for the following reasons:

- It's not quite koffice compliant.

- It should be usefull. Doesn't need to have a lot of functionality,
but what's in there should be consistent and usefull for planning a
project. There are still bad ui, loose ends and false starts laying
around, atm I try to focus on this, so we get a firmer footing for
future development. I wouldn't like to release something where at
least the ui immediately needs to be redesigned completely.

- Being a koffice app sets a fairly high standard, I think. IMHO any
koffice app should be 1.0 before included, ie be stable and complete
(even though in a minimal way).

I would have loved some sort of koffice/extras where apps not quite on
par with minimum requirements could be released. This would imo also
benefit koffice as such, as users wouldn't be so easily disappointed
with *koffice* just because some app is not so far advanced.
--
Mvh,
Dag Andersen