[kplato] Fwd: RE: license and patent issues with PMXML

Claus Agerskov ca at chbs.dk
Thu Nov 18 22:34:27 CET 2004

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004, David Faure wrote:

> On Thursday 18 November 2004 18:43, Raphael Langerhorst wrote:
>
> > Personally I think project management software has some importance
> > although it is not used by every end users. Still, all people should
> > be able to share project plans without being bound to one specific
> > application. Thus I would also like to have some sort of officially
> > accepted standard, whatever that may be (and OASIS being an obvious
> > option as most of KOffice is going to be OASIS compliant).
>
> OK. I have to stress that the most important part in "defining an oasis standard for
> a new kind of data" is to make sure the new stuff "fits in" - i.e. uses the same data
> types as the rest of the specification, is specified in RelaxNG plus .sxw document of course,
> and reuses as much as possible of the existing spec. Since I suppose you guys don't
> know the oasis spec very well, you can either ask me for specific things, or use search
> in the specification (latest version is at http://kdab.net/~dfaure/office-spec-1.0-draft-17.sxw).

Open Office XML Format is just one OASIS standard. DocBook and ebXML two
others.

As I see it project management should have it own standard like
ProjectXML which could be based on PMXML.

Right now I am working on a Danish financial accounting project based on
PHP and PosgreSQL where we look at ebXML to exchange data. So OASIS
standards are very handy.

The most enjoyable greetings
--
De herligste hilsner     _/
                      __/ | +           Jeg  vil  leve i en verden,  hvor