[kplato] Fwd: RE: license and patent issues with PMXML

Dag Andersen danders at get2net.dk
Thu Nov 18 11:34:42 CET 2004

On Mandag 08 november 2004 22:39, Raphael Langerhorst wrote:
> On Monday 08 November 2004 19:39, Mark Tombs wrote:
> > On Monday 08 November 2004 17.15, ian_d_stewart at bankone.com
> > wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> I'm not very familiar with any project management software (ok, a
> little bit of Mr. Project with 0.9 version, but nothing serious).
> So I'm also not very familiar with requirements to file formats.
> But reading the posts here it seems to me that the format is
> somewhat a bit restricted.
>
> I see 2 possible solutions to this (or 3):
>
> a) contact these people to improve PMXML
IMVHO, I think they probably have met their objective, to enable data
exchange between PMs. They didn't intend to save *all* data needed to
recalculate. It doesn't mean extending it is out of the question,
though.

> b) create own (OASIS??) standard or find another standard we can
> use
Personally I would have liked this better, but it is of course a lot
of work. Anyone?

> c) stick to what we have now
Well, I think this is what's going to happen, short term, at least.

--
Mvh,
Dag Andersen