[kplato] Duration less than a day? (was: request)

Mark Tombs mtombs at chello.se
Thu Nov 4 09:27:47 CET 2004

On Thursday 04 November 2004 09.23, Dag Andersen wrote:
> On Onsdag 03 november 2004 21:56, Claus Agerskov wrote:
> > On Wed, 3 Nov 2004, Mark Tombs wrote:
> > > Can the duration be less than a day? Claus wrote :
> > >
> > > "Duration is the calendar time of a task."
> > >
> > > If a task starts and finishes on the same day, it has a duration
> > > of 1.
>
> How do you handle tasks with estimates that isn't multiple of days?
> In general, how do you calculate a project like this?

Thats where I think I and, it seems, the rest of the world have a different
terminology ;) For me, Duration != work. The hours, estimate, work, whatever
you call it, is seperate from the duration. A task can start and finish on
the same day, have duration of 1, but an estimate of 1 minute, if you like.
Now that I write it like that, it doesn't seem to make much sense, but its
how I've always worked. Maybe I should just be quiet now, as everyone else
seems to disagree with me.