[kplato] intended unindent behaviour?

Thomas Zander zander at planescape.com
Thu May 15 21:42:41 CEST 2003

I'd chose the Mr version.

Basis is the simplicity, how many changes the user has to make in order
to undo the things Ms did while you did not want them.

Allow me to explain;
when you unindented 3, and then do an indent of 3, does that mean you get
the original setup? I believe it should (if not; undo would be really hard
to implement).

So regardless of what you/someone expects to happen; keeping the actions
simple means the user can always predict what the outcome would be of a
certain action.
If you overcomplicate things its easy to loose that mental model and in the
end the user will feel scared of changing things since it becomes hard to
manually return it to the previous state.

--
Thomas Zander